General Manager for the High Winds
March 22, 2018
The Ottawa Tribe of Oklahoma is looking for a General Manager for the High Winds Casino. Resumes are due by 4:30 pm April 4, 2018 you may send them to Attn: Chief Ethel Cook Ottawa Tribe at P.O. Box 110 Miami, Ok 74355, or 13 South 69A Miami, Ok 74354, or email them email@example.com
The General Manager, under the direction of the Ottawa Tribe of Oklahoma Board Members, is responsible for the management, direction and oversight of High Winds Casino (500 slots).
- Develop a strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability and growth as an organization.
- Oversee company operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service and cost-effective management of resources.
- Plan, develop and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company.
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Oversee, develop, mentor and coach directors and managers.
- Participate in both short and long-term strategic planning of business endeavors which focuses on internal operations.
- Demonstrates effective leadership qualities and management techniques.
- Ensures all business activities are in compliance with Company policies and procedures and Tribal, Federal requirements and any applicable rules and regulations.
- Analyzes data and makes precise decisions to improve revenue flow, efficiencies and profitability.
- Participates in the preparation, implementation and approval processes of budgets and monitors budgets regularly assisting in resolution and modification processes.
- Demonstrates by example an impeccable level of customer service with both internal and external customers and develops camaraderie within the workplace.
- Serves as a liaison to the Tribal Gaming Authority and Tribal Board of Directors and provides regular reports regarding operational, financial and updates on critical issues and concerns.
- Participates in mentoring and training for the development of management and leadership skills of the Management Team Members and Departmental Managers.
- Oversee the consolidated Casino department and Management Team meetings to review and address common concerns and issues.
- Participates in Tribal Committees and associations representing the Ottawa Tribe of Oklahoma to enhance Gaming, economic development and other related activities.
- Facilitates business and strategic plan development and ensures department plans are reflective of the Company’s overall goals.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Experience: 5 years with progressive management experience in gaming (slots).
Education: Bachelor’s in Business is preferred but can be substituted for years of experience.
Certification/License: Will be required to pass a Criminal background investigation and pre-employment drug testing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have public speaking skills and be able to effectively present and communicate with the entire organization and the general public.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of the hospitality and gaming industry.
- Must have good project management skills and be able to direct multiple projects, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and resolve issues.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email and in a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, subordinates, supervisors and customers.
- Must have advance problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have knowledge of employment and gaming laws.
- Must have thorough knowledge of spreadsheets and financial statements.
- Must have effective leadership skills and be a role model to team members.
- Must have excellent organization skills; organizing work, prioritizing tasks and managing time.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Native American preferred.
Competitive Salary, Benefits are available after 90 days
Type of Position, Full Time